Nov 1, 2008

Doug-Quotes

Me: Doug, look! (Pointing at something of extreme importance.)

Me: Doug LOOK! (Pointing more pointedly.)

D: What? (Without looking up.)

Me: I said 'look!’

D: Just tell me!

Me: When I say 'look', you have to look or you'll miss it.

D: Or you could just tell me...

Me: If I wanted to tell you, I would have told you!

Me: Usually saying “look” means there’s something I want you to see!

D: You’re taking 8 years of baggage and applying it to this situation.

Me: (trying not to laugh while also throwing something at his head.)
(Okay, I didn't throw anything this time, but I would have been totally justified.)

(Sadly, he's right.  It's true!)

5 comments:

Ginna said...

Emily! I SO have this same problem! I hate saying look and having nobody look at all. It makes me feel like a dork.
Thanks for making me laugh!

Ginna :)

FOX said...

I hate when husbands DON'T OBEY!!!

Emily can't you keep him in line?

Mandi Baby said...

hahaha. i repsonded back on my own comments AND made a correction on my blog AND i am leaving you a blog here. maybe you should send more snickerdoodles... oh no... don't do that i am trying to cut out sugar.

ok... i was trying to think of blog topics and one I want to hear is the story of how you met your husband. that would be a super cute post. you could also make it a series ya know? that could take up a good five days. I will come back with more options later.

Beeswax said...

Maybe you can tell us what kind of Japanese food tastes good with nutella on it.

Brent & Kate Jefferies said...

Hiya Emily! It's Kate here (high school friends of Ang, Steph, Brenda, Lesley, etc. but somehow never really became friends with you...too bad). Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that I found your blog and I'm enjoying it. We really should be friends, shouldn't we?