- We have Conference Weekend a week late over here so we just finished watching it this afternoon. Loved it as usual. It was comforting to hear so much said in support of Japan and about the church Welfare program. Oh, and I was reminded I'm supposed to stop calling myself a "Mormon" and use "Latter-day Saint" instead. Okay, okay...got it!
- We've had two really great days with Sammy having minimal melt-downs. That is something to be celebrated! Here's to a calm and peaceful SPRING BREAK!!! (ha!)
- I read something cool in an e-mail from my sister Laura today. She is in Romania (visiting my sister Jenny) and wrote this about the first leg of their journey leaving from San Diego:
We brought cards and candy bars to hand out to military people that we may see. I wanted the the girls to make cards to thank them for their service to our country. When we got here, I was worried we wouldn't see any military personnel but when we walked into our gate, it was FILLED with military. There were probably 60-70 guys. Jeff talked with one and found out they're headed off to Iraq and Afghanistan. We really are so grateful for them! The girls walked around handing out the candy bars and cards they'd made. Some of the men seemed really touched. It was pretty cool.
Yay! Go Laura! (But yes, you're still black-listed for visiting Jenny and not me. Cheap tickets are no excuse.)
- Gray was super adorable and smiley today.
- Our friends invited us over for a delicious Conference Brunch which included fabulous French Toast. I may or may not have had around five pieces. I lost count. But in my defense, it was really, REALLY good. And they had Spray Whip. Enough said.
- I got to take a two hour nap between sessions.
- We had a friend over for dinner (his wife and kids are in the states) and had a great evening. (Even if I did mess up the dessert.) As an added bonus (for us, not him) he's a Doctor so we had him diagnose all the kids physical and mental ailments. Plus, he plays the piano! Thanks, Dave. You're a handy guy to have around!
- And last, but definitely not least: One week from today, if all goes well, and there are no more big earthquakes, and pending approval, Doug and I (and Gray) will be heading to Australia for a much-anticipated, almost didn't happen thanks to 3/11, fabulous, fun and sun filled vacation. Why? Because it's free. Why is it free? Because Doug is AWE-SOME!!!
And now I'll leave you with your jealousness.
P.S. If you still plan to send backpacks for Operation Backpack, please use this address now:
:) :) :)