May 3, 2011

Welcome Home!

I still haven't blogged about our homecoming and here it is Tuesday and all day I was thinking it was Monday and I still had time to post my MMPP on time.  And yet, I'm sure I thought it was Monday all day on Monday too.  Yet still didn't publish it.  Sigh.

Well anyway, I wanted to quickly mention our arrival home.
Healthy Friend Janeen picked us up at the airport and drove us home.  Friend Lyana was waiting with Gabe (she'd graciously taken him off Janeen's hands for the day as we was getting a little anxious for Mommy to arrive.)

We got out and grabbed Gabey and smothered him in hugs and kisses.  Soon Sam arrived and got the same treatment.  We sent some neighbor boys to find Max in the backyard and eventually we got to see him too.

With his arm in a sling.

He said he'd crashed into the garbage building on his bike after school and Dr. B (whom he was staying with) had to take him in to Urgent Care.  He said he'd have to go back to get a cast put on in a few days.  I actually thought
"I'm surprised he's made it this long without breaking anything."  I also thought,
"Maybe Chessa will feel like we're even now - since I let little Z fall off my trampoline and break her leg!"  And finally I thought, while sitting with Max looking at his fingers poke out of the splint
"How in the world am I going to get that grubby little hand clean without soaking it in the tub for an hour?!?"

So we told the boys about our trip, showed them lots of pictures on the computer, gave lots of hugs, cuddled and passed out souvenirs.   I talked to Max about what happened, asked him if it hurt a lot...if he needed medicine...

Two hours or so passed and the boys wanted to go to the school to try out their boomerangs with Daddy.
Which is when Max took his sling, bandage, and splint off.

The little booger tricked us!  And I don't mean Max, I mean Dr. B.  The same infamous neighbor/home teacher/Dr. who took part in the "Pac-Maning" of my house last time I left the country!  O.B.'s evidently have WAY too much time on their hands.  (And you thought Ped Dentists had it easy, Wes?!)

Yes, he and Max cooked up the scheme just to torture us.  And Max pulled it off with exceptional showmanship and skill.  Punks!

So anyway, props to both for tricking us.

I'll have to figure out another way to make it up to Chessa.

2 comments:

Linz said...

hahahaha!!! I love your boys!! :)

Anonymous said...

Team a doctor and a 9 year old and look what you get! Nice job Max!