- Fae had to come home from her mission* to have surgery. (Discovered because of a trip to the hospital for Dengue fever.) She's having a large something-that-shouldn't-be-there removed from somewhere-inside-her on Monday. Details aren't important here, people. The important part is: MAJOR SURGERY! So...Pray please!
- I just posted a recipe for Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies on my recipe blog. You should check it out. If you're in to that. (www.gratuitousrecipes.blogspot.com) If you're not, I posted a recipe for Caramel Syrup--which is decidedly unhealthy--right before that one.
- Discussing the fact that "Veggie Tales" was on T.V. this morning, Sammy said "Yep! God just put it on dere!" ("there" as in, on TV, ...since it's Sunday today.)
- I'm now 35 weeks pregnant. In answer to your question(s): YES, I AM ready to pop. And as for how I feel??? GREAT (with child), large, cumbersome, ungainly, bloated, bruised, cranky, swollen, tired, slow, stretched, inhumanely battered, clumsy, sore, tired, uncomfortable, tired, uncomfortable, tired, and uncomfortable. And tired. Soooo...with that said...
- ...who wants to come be my un-paid nanny? We'll provide your food, lodging and travel adventures around Japan. Possibly even a plane ticket. Seriously. Please. I'M BEGGING!!! Our fave Rhode Island babysitter got a boyfriend so I don't think she's coming, darn her!
- We saw Avatar last night. It was cool enough I suppose. If you're in to that type of thing. For me personally, I get a little restless during multiple bloody, gorey battle scenes--(Just get back to the plot already!) and this movie had lots of bloody and gorey. That's why, for me, the most disturbing part of the whole night was when the movie ended, the lights came up, and a bunch of little kids filed out with their families. Like, REALLY LITTLE KIDS! Five, six, seven, and eight-year-olds! SERIOUSLY PARENTS! WHAT ARE YOU THINKING??? THEY'RE TOO YOUNG!!! IT'S PG-13 AND THIRTEEN IS PROBABLY TOO YOUNG!!! YOUNG=IMPRESSIONABLE! VIOLENCE IN, VIOLENCE OUT!!! GET A FRAKKIN' CLUE!!! ...But that's just my mild-mannered opinion...
- LAST THING! I read something from one of my blog posts to Doug tonight. He said, "So...why do you think you can only be funny in writing?" And I said "I don't know!" And then I punched him in the crotch**. See what happens when people watch violent movies?!?
*She and her husband John were serving a "Family History" service mission in the Dominican Republic. Because of Faezer's health, they wont be able to go back and complete all 18 months. But we're all just happy she's getting surgery back in the U.S. (No offense, D.R.)
And FYI: Yes, they felt the earthquake very strongly but were not adversely affected. But they did get to do some volunteer service to help the Haitians including taking volunteers and supplies to the border which were then picked up and delivered on the other side. (They weren't allowed to cross into Haiti.)
**I didn't really. This time. I just threatened. But he laughed so that proves I'm funny in real life too!!!