Okay, well only tumultuous if you consider they were filled with constant schooling, crazy boy-children, excessive student loans, and moves across country and across continents. Mostly they've been terrific. Transcendent even.
Darling Douglas Devon,
On our ten year anniversary, I would like to profess to the world ten things I love about you:
1. I love that you have put up with me for ten whole years and you still love me.
2. I love that you make me laugh everyday. (Whether it be at you or with you.)
3. I love it when you laugh out loud when reading my blog. (It's happened about 5 times total now.)
4. I love that you love kids.
4a. I love that you're a great dad to our kids.
5. I love that you encourage me to be a potter and have "Boy's Night" when I'm pottering.
5a. I also love that you love lots of the same things I do; i.e., reading, travel, good music, good food, etc.
6. I love that you are always trying to be a better person. Spiritually, Physically, (yowza!) and Financially.
6a. But I hate Dave Ramsey
7. I love that you are such a crappy, crappy liar. (And that you've only told one fib in the last ten years.)
8. I love the fact that you honor your priesthood and married me in the temple.
9. I love knowing I'm married to a man with (excessive) integrity and moral courage.
10. I love your hot bod.
Now, here are ten things I would change about you:
Okay, maybe one...
Quit raising your eyebrows at me!
Just so you know, I have not once in 3,650 days, (that's 87,600 hours) ever regretted marrying you. Not even when you put that fake lizard in the microwave and made me scream really loud. Not even when you hide Baby Jesus to torment me. Not even when you try (unsuccessfully) to tell me what to do or raise your eyebrows at me. Nope, not even then.
I'll love you forever.
Sincerely Your Favorite Human and Adoring Wife,
P.S. These childhood pictures of us both on a beach and both wearing red shorts, prove we were destined to be together.
P.P.S. Don't even get me started on our middle names...