Jul 6, 2010

Matsushima Bay - Last Stop

I said I'd finish this trip re-cap on Tuesday, right?  Well, it's a Tuesday.

The last activity of the day was a Ferry Ride across the actual bay.  I happen to love Ferry boats.  As does McDreamy from Grey's Anatomy.  Which is why I'm sure we'd get along swimmingly.

The cool thing about this particular bay, and what makes it so famous, is that it's dotted with hundreds of little "islands"--some of which are super cool looking thanks to erosion from wind and waves.
All of them are named.  Lucky for you, I've lost the brochure so I wont name them for you.  I'll just give you a little caption so you know what you're looking at.


White Lighthouse.
Long Bridge.

Short Bridge.

Godaido Island--our first stop.

Seagulls swarming after the ferry hoping for hand-outs.  (I'm not a huge fan of seagulls.)

Max and friend Jonathan discussed living on this island and parking their boat in one of these handy "garages".

We think this one looks like Donald Duck.  Agree or disagree?  Talk amongst yourselves.

The one on the left is "Female" the one on the right, "Male".  Why?  Talk amongst yourselves again.


It was a beautiful and relaxing ride.  And lucky for us, after such a long day, we got to climb into a bus and didn't even have to drive home!  It may have sucked a little bit (for our friends) when (their) little Ashley projectile vomited all over herself and her car seat and the bus seat, but lets face it...no long trip is without its ups and stinky little downs.  (There's another potential pun in their about up-chuck, but I'm going to leave it to your imagination.)

And THAT concludes our Matsushima Bay adventure.  It was an all around fantastic day and I highly recommend the trip if you're ever in the neighborhood...or on the continent.

Next up:  Our trip to the GATES OF HELL!

Be afraid.  Be very afraid.

2 comments:

Kristina P. said...

That place is gorgeous. And I agree with the Donald Duck assessment.

Anonymous said...

Definitely Donald.