- Every day at 4:30 they play the National Anthem over loud speakers all over the base. If you can hear it, you stand still with your hand on your heart. Even the kids know to do it.
- Every single time I need to drive somewhere, I walk to the passenger side of the car to get in. Every.Single.Time.
- Yes, I do occasionally forget and drive on the wrong side and I have been honked at. (And laughed at.)
- I really really really really miss Target. And Costco. And huge grocery stores with lots of selection.
- I didn't know I had a retail addiction until I got here and didn't have Target anymore. The lack of Target COULD be the reason for my continual eye twitch. (I tried bananas. No help.)
- Max is NOT going to Japanese school. He's going to school on base and they learn SPANISH as part of the curricuulum. (Though they will learn about their "host nation" as well.)
- The base schools are taught by teachers who work for the Department of Defense. Max's teacher just happens to be Japanese and very cute.
- He loves her.
- Doug wants to put Sam in Japanese preschool. I'm undecided.
- Living on base is like going back in time 20 years. Kids play outside with their friends (unsupervised) and people leave their doors unlocked. (Don't get any ideas, Bad Guys. You can't get on base, and even if you could, everyone here knows Karate. Including my 16 month old.)
- I'm taking a Pottery Wheel (throwing) class. YIPEE!!!
- I'm not currently pregnant, but plan to have a girl sometime in the future.
- I honestly don't know if it's "on base", "on-base","on-Base", "On Base" or "On-Base". (Anyone?)
- We STILL don't have our stuff and it'll be at least another TWO WEEKS!!!
- I've been wearing the same 10 t-shirts for the past 2.5 months.
- I'm procrastinating cooking dinner (in my minimally equipped kitchen) by writing this post.
- I'm hungry.
Sep 8, 2008
Just a Few Things...
Labels: I like lists