Jan 23, 2008

People Magazine Edition

Last night Doug said, (while looking at the computer)
D: "Do you know who Heath Ledger is?"
Me: "Uh...no. Not really. Is he maybe an actor?"
D: "Yeah. I guess so. He died."
Me: "Really?"
D: "He was 28."
Me: "That's YOUNG! How did he die?"
D: "Dunno. Doesn't say."

So this morning I see an article about him on my iGoogle. I click on it to see if I know who he is but don't recognize the picture nor have I seen any of his recent movies. So I click on a slideshow to see what else he's been in.

That's when I see this picture from "Ten Things I Hate About You" circa 1999:
And now I'm genuinely sad because I LOVE(d) this movie! Did anyone else love this movie?!?
(I'm not asking you, Kristen and Shawn!)
I may or may not even own this movie in VHS form.
I was going to leave you with a funny line from the movie, but when I went to look up some quotes I found that most of them are completely inappropriate. This is as good as it gets:
(Heath Ledger) Patrick: Hey there girly... how you doin'?
(Julia Stiles) Kat Stratford: Sweating like a pig actually and yourself?
Patrick: Now there's a way to get a guy's attention huh?
Kat Stratford: My mission in life but obviously I struck your fancy so you see it worked... the world makes sense again.

You'll be missed Mr. Ledger!

13 comments:

Mrs. Dub said...

I'll overlook the fact that you are not up on your celebrities. I personally could recite the filmography and relationship history of Mr. Ledger, along with about 50 other celebrities. I can't decide if it's a gift or a curse. In either event, I'm bummed. 28 is too young too die.

Linz said...

I wasn't sure who he we either, but looked him up too! I was sad too! I usually don't pay too close of attention to celebs, but these kind of things are like car accidents - you don't WANT to look, but just can't help it! Anyway, I am sad for him and his family... he was way too young!!

Jenn said...

I had my own moment of silence yesterday... I was very sad to hear about his death. I loved that movie! If you haven't seen him in Knights Tale you need to see it!!!

Shelly said...

How do you NOT know who Heath Ledger is?! I'm so broken up about it. 10 Things I Hate About You is one of my favorite movies. I first saw it when I was like 8-10.


I miss you.

Bartimaeus said...

Whatev

FOX said...

Emily,
LOSER! A Night's Tail is the MOST romantic movie in the WHOLE world. Go rent it NOW!!!!!!!

Seriously, I love you. But it is my favorite movie. Brandon turned it on just last week to wooooo me.

go boo boo said...

i love that movie! it was the first thing I thought of when I heard about it. Also my parents have some serious fascination and love 'A Knight's Tale'.

acte gratuit said...

Alright, alright! I'll rent The Knight with a Tale. But no one but no one can get me to rent Brokeback Mountain, so DON'T EVEN TRY!!!

acte gratuit said...

P.S. I read Newsweek. But only for the articles...I swear!

Matt said...

I'm actually quite surprised that you don't know who Heath Ledger is, though I'm sure you can probably name some obscure actor from the 80s that made like one good movie.

Anyway, though Mindy and I also will never see Brokeback Mountain I just want to say that:

"We can't quit you" and your seemingly interesting blog.

Anonymous said...

So we don't count? I will now go indulge in cheesecake to help me forget that my opinion is unappreciated.

mama bear said...

I just have to say, I'm with you Mrs. Dub! I have so much "useless" information floating around in my head about celebrities and all that jazz. I even know who's who most of the time whether I've seen their work or not. My point is, I knew exactly who Heath Ledger was and gave him a tiny tear when I read the news story (of course that could just be from my preggo hormones)! I loved him in The Patriot, but I know I shouldn't admit that one!

hilari said...

heath was hot.