Jun 10, 2007

Old Cape Cod

If you're fond of sand dunes, and salty air

Quaint little villages, here and there

You're sure to fall in love with old Cape Cod

If you like the taste of a lobster stew
Served by a window with an ocean view,

You're sure to fall in love with old Cape Cod


Winding roads that seem to beckon you
Miles of green beneath the skies of blue
Church bells chiming on a Sunday morn,
Remind you of the town where you were born

If you spend an evening, you'll want to stay
Watching the moonlight on Cape Cod Bay

You're sure to fall in love with old Cape Cod

...and we did!

lyrics by Patti Page

5 comments:

DianeM said...

dtcNice pictures, are you going to replace Jen as our RI photographer? I hope so, I need one! (Don't pass out that I'm commenting!) -Diane

Linz said...

Wow! That looks so nice! What a fun trip!

acte gratuit said...

I'd love to take the credit, but Doug's the photographer in the family. I can get all the appropriate heads in the picture, but that's about it.
Very happy to hear from you, btw Di!

Anonymous said...

wow! I need to go there. Now. Great poem and the photos almost hurt! Lobster stew - bring it on.

Anonymous said...

Always read the fine print. Gee I thought you were amazing on the poem but I guess everyone but me knew it was Patty Page being amazing on the song! Either way I want to go too.