Dec 4, 2006

Update

We woke up to SNOW for the first time this morning! D was so giddy he tried to drag me out of bed at some horrible time like 6:30 a.m.! We compromised. I opened my eyes and partially sat up in bed while he pulled up the blinds in our bedroom window. LUCKILY, Max woke up at 7 and was THRILLED by the surprise just in time for his birthday which is TOMORROW!

Max and Daddy got all bundled up and immediately ran out in the yard to throw snowballs at each other. When Sammy woke up he joined them and I had a hard time getting them to come inside for breakfast. I'm so glad D doesn't have to go in early on Mondays because he got to spend some time playing with them before work. (He was probably really late, but it was worth it.)

So like I said, tomorrow is Maxwell's birthday. He's turning 5 and is SO excited. We're having a little party for him tomorrow night and will be decorating graham cracker houses. He's also requested a snowman cake which I'm sure I'll be working on all day tomorrow.

In other Max news, he's become somewhat of a mystic. A few months ago he got a Magic Pirate Skull toy in his Happy Meal. You shake it, ask it a question, and then lift its eye patch for your answer. Unlike the "Magic Eight Ball", it gives answers like "Nay Scullywag", "Aye Captain", "Yo Ho maybe so!" and "Aye! Smooth Sailing Ahead". Max consults it on all the important issues in his life. For example: "Pirate! Will Daddy let me brush my teeth by myself tonight???" (Turns out it was wrong that time...there was no smooth sailing ahead.) OR: "Pirate, will friends come over today?", and "Pirate, can I have Mac and Keys for lunch today?" He relies on it for answers to all of his most pressing questions and since I have to read him the answers, it's usually right on!

Sammers is our adorable little bi-polar. He goes from being sweet and happy one minute, to screaming like a possessed banshee the next. (Ahh, two year olds...) Generally, he stays pretty happy but mess with his food, binky, or trains and you take your life into your own hands. He's talking a lot more now but I'm afraid only his immediate family can understand him -- and sometimes only Max. I think this is due to the fact that he's been learning to talk around a pacifier which tends to slur speech a bit. (re: picture - He's adopted my spare sunglasses and demands them every time we get in the car.)

D is almost finished with his current rotation which means in a few weeks he'll be able to come home at 5:30 instead of 9:30 pm. We're all very much looking forward to that. Oh yeah, D blogged all about our activities yesterday and like I've said before, I don't want to duplicate effort, so if you're curious about our latest adventure, click HERE.

I am in my 17th week of pregnancy and have been feeling SO MUCH BETTER. I did throw-up today but I think it had more to do with the fact that I'm hypoglycemic and put 10-spoonfuls-too-much brown sugar on my Cream of Wheat -- not the fact that I'm pregnant. Whoops.

As for Baby: "The baby weighs in at about 5 ounces (142 grams). This means that the baby now weighs more than the placenta. No new structures have formed. Loud noises outside may actually cause the baby to startle." (This ultrasound pic is of a 17 week old baby... just not my baby. My ultrasound is on December 22nd. Fae's birthday!!!)

The other day I went to visit a friend who has a brand new baby. As I held the adorable tiny thing on my tummy, she got a kick in her little bum from a jealous un-born. Or maybe it was just a friendly "Hello Baby! Can't wait to meet you in a few months!" Either way, it was a pretty good jab. Another soccer player in the making perhaps?

Now it's time to get Maxer ready for school. You'd think it'd be easy to get to school on time when it starts at 12:30 but that's only if you stop blogging at some point in the morning. So, until I post again...! Adios!!!








6 comments:

Linz said...

Sounds like you have had some fun! I am so glad that you are feeling better! Woohoo!

Anonymous said...

Max actually thought it would be fun to begin to start the snowball fight in the office while I was doing some exercises! (It actually was fun) =)

Anonymous said...

Hey, that little soccer player better be a girl. I love it when you update us on those 3 cute boys. If D woke me up at 6:30 to show me that yucky white stuff ... Hmm I'd, I'd...You're a good woman E. Happy Birthday to the big M! Can it really have been 5 years ago??

Emily said...

It sounds like Bammers and Aidan were cut from the same mold. I can't keep up with his mood changes. I'm glad you only throw-up now when you OD on sugar. That's an improvement. We have yet to receive snow and I hope it stays that way...not that it will but a girl has to have dreams, right?

mama bear said...

our snow is finally melting from Monday, blech! what cute little matchy matchy boys you have! by the way, happy number 5 for the maxers!

Emily said...

I think I need one of those magic pirates!